MEDIA & COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP
WHAT WE WANT
Closer Productions, leading Adelaide-based production company and makers of such recent feature documentaries as Life in Movement and Shut Up Little Man! An Audio Misadventure, is looking for a skilled Media & Communications Intern to work on the Australian theatrical release campaign of its acclaimed feature drama “52 Tuesdays”.
You will take the lead from the SA-based team of the film’s producers and the Social Media Consultant and be responsible for:
- Develop and follow a schedule of social media engagement
- Social media content management and creation
- Community interaction and moderation
- Market research
- Social media user acquisition
- Some outreach to grassroots organisations
- Assisting with booking of partnership and WOM/ preview screenings
- Liaising with film’s publicist and distributors regarding strategy, content and scheduling
This is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience and learn what’s required in a nation-wide release of an Australian feature film.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE
- A passion for connecting with and growing online audiences and communities
- Knowledge or experience in social media marketing
- Flexibility with days to follow a daily/ weekly schedule for posting of online content
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop, InDesign, or Illustrator for content reversioning
- Some experience with video editing software desirable but not essential
- Sensitivity to diverse sexualities and genders
- Experience using Facebook, Tumblr and Twitter
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Must have your own laptop
WHAT YOU DON'T NEED TO HAVE BUT IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU DID
- A knowledge of the independent film landscape in Australia
- Some experience with video editing software
- Experience with digital advertising
This is an unpaid internship for the duration of the campaign, from March 17 - May 16. This is a 9 week commitment, Monday to Friday, but only required for a couple of hours a day. Therefore, schedule is flexible but reliant on being responsive to campaign demands.
Work can be done remotely from anywhere in Australia but Adelaide-based will be preferred.
Send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume plus a cover letter about why you’d be good for the campaign by COB Tuesday 11th March.
For more information about 52 Tuesdays, go to: http://my52tuesdays.com/